Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

SUNDARI


This is a self-portrait taken at the Kabuki Spa in San Francisco in May of of 2011.

In April of 2011, I moved into an ashram in San Francisco. It would be four months before I checked out. During my stay, I was christened with the spiritual name Sundari by an ordained Hindu Monk. I spent four months meditating and chanting twice a day, along with practicing yoga... I stuck to a strict Vegan diet and had an intense schedule which involved daily chores, courses on Hinduism and a curfew.

This is a photo of me & a darling girlfriend, who too was an ashram-inmate. It was taken at the Clift Hotel in San Francisco. The eve of the infamous "monk slumber party."


We had purposely decided to break curfew that night and the only punishment suitable was a night a luxury hotel.

Although I did have my share of rebellious moments, my stay at the ashram was indeed life altering and I absorbed several tools and techniques that I plan on sharing in this blog as well...

Did you know there was a chant to help you attract a boyfriend?