I can remember the first time I saw a photograph of glamour girl Elizabeth Hurley in the infamous Versace safety pin dress back in the nineties.
It changed my life:
I suppose you can say that it taught me that little punk ducklings could one day blossom into swans that embody elegance but without necessarily having to abandon who they are.
I didn't know anything about Elizabeth Hurley's past at the time. All I knew was that there was this stunning woman on a red carpet wearing this stunning designer dress with safety pins in it...
I didn't know anything about Elizabeth Hurley's past at the time. All I knew was that there was this stunning woman on a red carpet wearing this stunning designer dress with safety pins in it...
Do you have a punk rock past too?
This is a photo of me taken almost 10 years ago. Back when I was too cool to smile...
There was a time in my life when I pretty much exclusively dated musicians.
When you hang out in a scene, you attract "a type" and I certainly had a type...
Almost 10 years ago. In Betsey Johnson. I was SUCH a Betsey Girl:
Was my taste in men simply an act of rebellion against my conservative diplomat father or was I just a wild child with a thing for wild boys?
I don't know, and I don't get care. It was fun! ...Well most of the time, it was...
Elegance, but always with an UnExPeCteD edge.
This is a picture of me taken just yesterday morning during my daily morning ritual of doing my
make-up in the loo at the PDC:
And here is a pic of me leaving my boyfriend's house taken last Monday:
Some people are embarrassed by their crazy past lives. I personally don't believe in the past, present, and future as separate entities we can disassociate ourselves from. I believe every piece of the timeline is a beautiful and significant piece of the singular, unified and unique patchwork that makes us who we are.
Embrace Who You Are!
In many ways, the beautiful thing about being a designer is that one is given an opportunity to tell their story. It can be tricky at times, but if you look at every project as a collaboration rather than a job, there's always a way to find room for your personal stamp. ;-)
Embrace Who You Are!
In many ways, the beautiful thing about being a designer is that one is given an opportunity to tell their story. It can be tricky at times, but if you look at every project as a collaboration rather than a job, there's always a way to find room for your personal stamp. ;-)







