I took this photo of Retna at an art opening being held at New Image Art in the Fall of 2011. I was fortunate to intern at the gallery in the summer of 2010 & was given a life-altering immersion into the LA art scene by Gallery Director and friend Marsea Goldberg. The vitality of the art and design world in Los Angeles is what brought me back to the city...
For being a man whose visual imprint has undeniably reshaped the urban landscape of this city, Retna is by far one of the most charming and down to earth artists you'll ever meet.
I took this picture while cruising down some side-steet in Hollywood. I can't remember exactly where it was taken, but Retna's work is EVERYWHERE! Who can keep up? His talent never ceases to amaze me...
I encourage everyone to explore Retna's impressive archive of art work. Here's one of my favorites:
(Sonia)


